Tuesday, November 17, 2009

October 2009 - Vacation

As I previously mentioned, I was on Vacation for a week in Emerald Isle, NC with my family! It is always a fun time for me to spend with them, and now with Kaitlyn- it is even more fun! She seemed to really enjoy the beach (once she got use to the sand) and all the other kids to play with!
Every year, this trip falls over, or really close to Madison's (cousin to my nieces) birthday- she had a luau party with Japanese Nabe (yummy) and of course K was trying to dress for the occassion (of course it only lasted minutes)!
Aunt Shell hanging with K and some other kiddies down by the water... trying to break her in slowly to the ocean; she is sitting in a pink princess chair that belonged to Sam (cousin to my nieces)- which I might add, K ended up coming home with because she loved it so much!

Granddaddy Rog getting to spend some time with his youngest granddaughter!
This house has a home theater room in it with a stage! The kids L-O-V-E-D it! Several nights they would dress up and put on "A Show" for all of us! They are all quite creative... and entertaining! This is Sam in one of her 'get-ups'
From my bedroom balcony.... ahhhhh.....
From my bedroom balcony looking down at the pool (heated by the way- NICE), which overlooks the beach!
Mom and Dad getting some much deserved rest!
The kids also did a 'spa-day' for us adults one afternoon! Even did hot rock massages! We had neck rubs and back rubs, feet massages and lotion... very relaxing!

The Tiki Hut that sits by the pool and overlooks the beach!
A picture of our house from the beach! I was all the way on the top floor with Kaitlyn... just the 2 of us up there...
Just getting use to the sand, thinking she is starting to like this big play area!

Mommy and Kaitlyn back after a long walk/stroll on the beach!
The 3 granddaughters on the last day- such a great picture I think...
Some of you may be thinking... well where is Matt? As he would say... "Some of us have to work!" But... he is gracious enough to let his wife and daughter go away for a week and be without us... Thanks honey!

No comments: