Sunday, March 30, 2008

Multiple Meals

Ok- so a friend of mine came over on Friday night and helped me to prepare meals for a month! Some of you may know her, you can check out her blog at here: Erb House Life

She actually has a couple of posts relating to cooking meals for a month! So since she is much more of an expert at it than i am, she was gracious enough to come over on a Friday night and help me out!

We started about 6:30pm and went until 9:30pm and when we were done, we had 21 meals prepared and ready to freeze! WOW!

Of course now that i think back- i'm thinking- where was my camera when we were doing all this, and had them all neatly stacked on the counter! oh well... i did try to take a couple of pictures of them stacked in the freezer; but that was a little hard... but here are a few...


On the left here - the middle shelf shows 2 zip lock backs- frozen flat (a GREAT way to store frozen meals)- one is a chicken pot pie filling and one is chilie.
One the right here- hopefully you can see a STACK of aluminum oil covering 5 casserole dishes of different meals. Things like Pork BBQ Mashed Potato Casserole, Chicken Manicotti, Tater Tot Casserole,Chicken & Stuffing Casserole...


There were several more- that were too tough to get photos of like chicken enchiladas, Husbands Delight, Chicken Tetrazinni, Poppyseed Chicken, Meatloaf, Sloppy Joes, Beef Stew, Beef Tips, Indonesian pork, etc.... SHEW!


Am i glad that is done! But, really I AM GLAD it's done and i now have all the meals in the freezer that i can pull out and put in the over, and meals my husband can pull out and put in the oven or crock pot without further instruction :), when i'm too tired, or too busy, or just don't feel like cooking! What another huge blessing!


Thanks Yo! For coming and staying! Even when you had family crisis mode at home, you stuck it out w/ me to finish them off... I'm so excited... hope to repay the favor one day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to be able to do that, but we don't have enough freezer space. How great that you'll be set for meals for a long time!

Jolanthe said...

Rest assured that it won't be due to another um...due date on my part. :) hee hee...

You sooooo know it's your fourth child when you rush home (oh, wait...I stayed at your house, didn't I). :)

May you and your hubby enjoy the meals immensely!!

Jolanthe

Crystal said...

Good job, Cheryl! For some reason Jo didn't come to my house & help me do that. ;-)

Christin said...

It's crazy! I was actually getting ready to ask you if you were planning on doing that. Then I talked to Jo and she was already all over it.

I love good friends who watch out for us! ;)

enjoy your meals!!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE my friends! They're awesome!

Kristy said...

How awesome! YOu are like a little squirrel, packing your food away! That is so cool. We are fnally buying a freezer for in our basement (YAY)so I am going to try and do that for a month at a time. It seems like it would just make things go so much smoother. Love to ya!