Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Homemade Baby Wipes!!

So, i was talking with a friend today, and we were discussing ways to save money... of course!
one thing we do at our home is to make 'homemade' baby wipes... if you're interested... here is a recipe...

2 cups + a little more water (I use warm water)
1 Tablespoon Baby Magic Baby Bath (or any baby bath...)
1/2 roll of Bounty Jumbo paper towels
Soak for about 1 minute and take out roll in the middle of the paper towels.


I cut the roll of paper towels with my bread knife :)
and i store the prepared wipes in a tupperware container that works perfectly...

See pictures below for a better explaination.







6 comments:

Lindsay said...

O very cool Cheryl, thanks for sharing! I am going to have to test these out :-)

Brittany said...

I may have to try my hand at that, too! I am not very knowledgeable in the super-thrifty department.

pyrotechny said...

Ok, so here goes. I just posted my old cloth diapers on Craigslist, and when digging through the box, I found a stack of babywashcloths that I used when I made my own wipes. These you have to wash, but they are much easier on delicate skin, and I guarantee you that you'll only use one at a time! Anyway, if anyone wants 24 washcloths, let me know!
(Just sign me "Marsupial earth-mother"....I know)

Beth said...

That is a great idea Cheryl! I am going to remember this one! I need to write that down somewhere!

Christin said...

Ironic. I just got that recipe (or one like it) from my SIL this weekend. I'm with you...all about saving the money. and these wipes are so much more durable! *bonus*

Jo Ann said...

Hey, Cheryl. I came back to visit and let you know that I finally made the baby wipes. I ran out and was needy. :) They work great! I'm putting a post up on mine with the recipe. Mind if I link back to your post? Sorry, I don't have an e-mail for you. :) Kaitlyn is too cute - her face is so expressive, love it.