Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

This year for Easter, Kaitlyn and myself went to the Outer Banks to visit my brother and his wife. I had not been there since getting married! So I was way past due for a little visit.
Matt was unable to go with us because, as he says, "Some of us don't get hundreds of hours of vacation"... so the sad part was that we were apart on Easter, but.... It really was a nice mini vacation and a great visit.
We went with my sister and her family! We got to walk on the beach in Nags Head and watch the sunset back in Colington Harbor. We got to eat dinner at Jockey's Ribs- which holds a special place for my sister and me both- as we both worked there for years; me- during my college summers. It was awesome to go back and see some of the old gang and to of course... show off my baby girl! :0)

On Easter we went to the Church of the Outer Banks (www (dot) churchobx (dot) com). They currently meet in the YMCA. What a neat congregation they have there... there would be no mistaking you are at the beach!!

We even managed to have a yummy Easter Lunch, without our mommy being there! I guess we are all grown up (when we want to act like it). A little secret... this was my FIRST time ever making potato salad... and... it turned out really good, if I may say so myself!

Here are a couple pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses!
Kaitlyn - 10 months 3 weeks old...
Emma, Kaitlyn, and Hannah. (Notice Emma's foot cocked up behind her! oh my... )

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like such a fun time...wow, K sure is growing up! Such a pretty little girl!