Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Year Old!

I K-N-O-W every parent says "I can't believe they are this old already"...but seriously... i just can NOT believe that K is one year old this Friday!

This year has been, well.... amazing, superb, awesome, breathtaking, more than I could have imagined, wonderful, tear jerking, joyful, giddie like (is that a term?), cheerful, a blessing... anyways- I think you get the drift here?!

K is just about walking on her own (not that I'm in any hurry for that). She plays so well by herself and finds the most um, creative, things to keep her occupied! She is beginning to learn the 'NO-NO' concept... whether or not she chooses to obey --that is still a process.

She is still a great sleeper- thank you LORD! A Praise to the Lord for that! A blessing that He gave me when I refused to 'accept/believe' the "well intentions" of other parents that would say things like "Oh, are you ready for sleepless nights?" or "Hope you do well on just hours of sleep"... you get the idea. I remember telling people that I wasn't believing for that, that raising children didn't always have to consist of sleep deprivation! Obviously, there are days- but like I've said before... We ALL have those days!

Her personality is showing through! Such a determined one, she is! She loves it when she sees approval and admiration in us for her! I love the way she lights up and giggles and reaches out to be picked up! I love the way she will lay on the floor and just laugh and play, like there is someone right there keeping her company! She has such a sweet spirit, loving, giving, wanting....

Still, everyday I grab her and squeeze her, and nibble at her neck and her ears, blow on her belly... and generally try not to just gobble her up from the love that dwells so deep within and just bubbles out and spills over... it's just something you can't put the 'right' words to! Simply...AMAZING!

OK, enuf gushing here... We had K's birthday party a week early because my family left for Disney World on Saturday. She had her own cake that she thought about getting into... you can watch the video below if you want.
Monie got her the cutest summer hats and sandles and Aunt Shell got a July 4th outfit, the girls got her an xylophone (something to beat on... she LOVES that!) and we all just enjoyed being together since Granddaddy Rog had just gotten home from a 3 week work trip out of the county! What a blessing to have family close by!

Ok, so here is a little video --- let us eat cake!



1 comment:

Nell-Marie, Gil, Daniel, and Anna said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!! =)