Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quick Update

Just wanted to post a quick update on the pregnancy!   I know family has been checking in. 
This week we are 37 weeks (on Thursday).  So far, so good. However, I am really just exhausted and have no energy to get the final touches ready for this little guy! :)

Hopefully, my Mom and Sister will be coming this week to help me get all the infant items tracked down, unpacked, cleaned up, and put where I know they are!  Including the car seat- I figure that is one important piece of equipment I MUST have....

In the meantime we've been dealing with Kaitlyn being sick for the past 4 days, on day 5 now- but things are looking up so far this morning! PTL! I hope we are on the mend there, because that just adds to the exhaustion; having a sick child to care for- I am so thankful it was over a long weekend and Matt was around so much to help out.

We continue to try and prepare K for this new arrival of her baby brother Joshua... however, I don't think she will fully understand until he is here to stay.  Last night when I put her to bed she said "Baby Joshua's crib"- so that was encouraging that she is seeing his crib right beside her bed and knows that it belongs to Joshua!  They will be sharing a room for a while; Lord willing!

The summer is flying by as we spend time with family, friends, swimming, playdates, work (blah), and Matt's golfing has pretty much wrapped up for the summer as he is preparing for our second child.

We'll keep you posted as to when we go to the NEW HOSPITAL!!! It looks very roomy and spacious; hope it is comfortable for Matt and my coaches (Mom and Michele)... we will see SOON!


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yeah Cheryl! You're almost there now! The closer you get, the closer I get...so it encourages me too! :)
I hope K continues to feel better and you find time to rest and have peace in these next few weeks.
Love ya!

Davene said...

The last few weeks can be TOUGH! You look great though...I hope you can find some small comfort in that. ;)

I'll pray that K completely recovers soon!

Melissa said...

You guys are in the home stretch!! What's with our little ones getting sick right at the end of our pregnancies? Evan was sick a month or two ago and has been sick this past week again!! Praying that all goes well and I am sure Brandon and Matt will be in touch!