Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Love of My Lfie


Happy Valentine's Day...


A tribute

The man I love…
Why do I love thee, let me count the ways


1. He’s smart, he carries around more information in his head about random things as well as necessary things than most people I know
2. He’s handsome, he takes care of himself by working out and running, he tries to cut back on food portions (doesn’t always work)
3. He’s funny, he can make me laugh :0) At just the right times he can make me smile…. Sometimes he makes me laugh so hard I’m crying…
4. He loves Jesus! A REAL man! Following hard after God, learning and wanting to do whatever it is that Jesus has called him to
5. He’s a hard worker! Not only has God blessed him with the ability to be lucrative, he knows what it means to work hard and to accomplish what’s been put in front of him
6. He loves me! God has put a special love in his heart, just for me. A love that knows what I need to hear and what I need to feel. A love that knows when to pull me close, and a love that knows when to give me space.
7. He loves Buxton! Well… Matt might disagree a little with that term ‘love’ for buxton…. But he sure has grown attached to our 9 year old Lab! He plays with him, takes him running, gives him treats (not as many as me, but still plenty)… he even rubs his belly!
8. He’d fill the ice trays if we had them! That’s an old ‘joke’ prior to marriage…. A man that fills the ice trays- now that’s a catch! Almost as good as putting the toilet seat down! (which he does…. Most of the time :o))
9. He listens to me! When I just want to talk or babble about junk, about work, about friends, about whatever, he sits and he listens- and is always so good at providing input into the situations that concern me.
10. He values my opinion…. He is interested in what I THINK about so many things. He is slow to make decisions until we can discuss and pray about them
11. He’s prepared… what a planner…. He covers all the details! He is very thorough and thinks things through before he acts! (that saves us a lot of headache in the long run, generally…)
12. He is a financial wizard…. Again, always planning ahead for our future! The goals he has set for himself, impress me. A risk taker (more than me) but that generally works well for him- thank you Jesus!
13. He’s going to be a great dad! In about 3 months he’ll be a daddy…. And he has such a father’s heart! He adores children and has a special way with them. I know that he and our child will have a bond like no other.

I could keep going and going and going, but I’ll pause for now. Thank you Lord for bringing just the right man into my life, the man YOU knew I NEEDED!
I Love You Matt, more today than on our wedding day.



2 comments:

Kristy said...

What a guy! A good catch indeed Cheryl, hand picked for you by your Heavenly Father! And just the fact of knowing IF you had ice trays, he would fill them...well... that definitely seals the deal, baby! ;) I have to say though, HE got a pretty amazing catch as well. You guys are such a fantastic couple. Wow, this turned into one huge "love-fest" of a comment! :)

Carl8ta said...

isn't it so so so awesome when God gives us what we need and not what we want - ENJOY the fruits of your years of prayer! So many things you listed anre such a direct answer to those prayers in faith - for the believing without seeing - now enjoy living in the SEEING (wink, wink) Lord, I ask for even more joy, more love and more excitement and more than cheryl can ask for, dream for, or even imagine!

love you girlfriend!


*and yes, any man that is willing to fill ice trays is a great catch*