Monday, April 7, 2008

The Mans Party

So, my husband had a poker tournament at our home this past Saturday night! It was his "pre-natal" tournament, as he called it. There were 26 people here, 22 men and 4 ladies came to stake their claim to the first place prize of $400! I'm sure you're wondering if I was one of those 4 ladies, well... no- actually i packed my bag and headed to Staunton to stay overnight at my parent's house. I figured since my dad had come to the poker tournament, that I'd go hang out with my mom for a while.

I wanted to share some pictures of what a Man Party sort of looks like...


So, here are the snacks that were available...

Can you see the Cheese Puffs, Mt.Dew, Pretzels, Nuts, Rice Krispy Treats, Granola Bars...

A little random selection of treats...

Here are the 3 poker tables that were set up and ready for the tournament....


The one long oval table, is hand-made by a friend of Matt's; it really is a very, very nice table!
If you'd like to buy one; We can hook you up with the furniture maker! I'm telling you, it is really something!
All in all i think it was a great success... Matt came in 2nd place- which made it even more worth it for him! A nice little bonus!!! I guess he needed to get some more poker playing out of his system before his baby comes and he's a little more tied down!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I am sure Matteo was excited about coming in 2nd. Roy was sad to miss it, but duty calls. ;) Oh, and that oval table is beautiful!
Hope you and your mama had some good girl time!

Kristy said...

Oh, I forgot to add in last comment that i LOVE your new header picture! That is GORGEOUS!!