Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day Celebration

We had a great relaxing weekend- pretty low key; but oh so nice to just stay home for the weekend and not be travelling with the masses. Friday was just a day spent catching up on outdoor chores at the house. But Saturday evening we headed over to some friends for some good food, great conversation and visiting, and awesome- professional-like fireworks!!

It was so much fun to hang out and catch up with some people that I don't normally get to chat with here and there. Of course, Kaitlyn was a hit and loved on by so many people! My husband, one of the bigger kids in attendance, along with his friend Glenn, decided to chase one another on the go-karts.... now that was fun to watch two large, grown men squeeze themselves into these go-karts and buzz around the front yard, while their wives cheered them on... only to be the next two to take a ride! Here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment!!




Thank you so much to M & E VanPelt... we always feel so welcome and enjoy ourselves at your home!
p.s.- i REALLY did love those calla-lilies... they are beautiful!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Pittman said...

I found your blog through Davene (who I don't know, but is a faithful commenter on my blog).
I have 11 children, but it is SO FUN being reminded of the joys of a first baby through looking at your pics.

And your wedding photo is gorgeous!

Debbie

Kristen said...

So really, we have to know, which one of you girls won the drag race? hehe

pyrotechny said...

I WONDERED how my go-cart go so beat up! NOW I know.
(jk!)
Glad you enjoyed it as much as we do. Neat story of how Brian found them. Will have to tell you sometime.