Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Month of Celebrating

March in our household is significant! It's the month we celebrate my birthday and our anniversary.
This year for my birthday my hubby made me homemade crab cakes for dinner... and they were delicious!!! We put the girl to bed and he set a romantic table in our dining room just for the two of us. We got to eat in peace and each others company. The dinner was A-mazing! The only thing for him now - is I know how good a crab cake he can make.... so guess who will be making these from now on?! Yup.... the hubby!

It was so special though to have him serve me and take care of everything, that in itself is always a nice treat!

Our anniversary was on a Thursday. So, the following Saturday we decided to go to Lexington, VA for day. K stayed at my sisters on Friday night with her cousins! And might I add that they ALL had a blast! The cousins LOVED playing with her, feeding her, carrying her around, and even changing her diaper! Matt and I were able to go out Friday night and Saturday morning came with rains and chilly weather. BUT, we were set on doing something with our day, so we headed out anyways to Lexington. We took our umbrellas and walked around downtown, did a little shopping, browsed through some museums, and had a quaint lunch at the Southern Inn.

All in all, I'd say I've had a blessed month of celebrations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great birthday and anniversary :-) I love crab cakes!

Brittany said...

Lexington is a very special town for Tom and I, too. We went there often when we were dating. We thought about heading there for our 5th anniversary in June, but I am too nervous about traveling that far and being so pregnant. Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute Kaitlyn is with those teeth!

So glad you had such a nice time.

Linda