Thursday, January 7, 2010

Burnett Family Christmas 2009

After Matt and I travelled back from PA on Christmas Eve, we made a quick stop at the house and dropped a couple things off and picked a couple things up and headed immediately to Staunton to stay the night with my parents. We had talked earlier in the day and since they were calling for snow/ice mix over night we thought it would be nice to stay with my parents overnight so that if it was really bad on Christmas they (and us) would not be alone on Christmas. As it were, we were able to travel on Christmas day to my Granddad's in Wythe Co., VA. My dad's family got together for a meal and family time that afternoon. We had not been in several years, so it was great to be able to make it again this year. It had been over a year since most of the family had seen Kailtyn as well... so it was fun to catch up with everyone!



Then... finally...we celebrated Christmas with my family on the 26th! My brother was unable to make it this year- he and Lyne were surely missed.... but the kids still made it fun for all of us and we enjoyed everyone that was there!



Kaitlyn's first necklace- and Daddy is even putting it on for her! ?! (of course she managed to break it later that night- but no worries Rog was able to fix it)

My sister opening one of her gifts... "Going Rogue"- Sarah Palin's book...She was pretty excited about that one!


Kaitlyn standing in the midst of the torn papers and looking around at all the new stuff! She had so much fun this year opening packages and helping others with theirs as well! It was nice to see her take a moment anyway with gifts that she opened! She seemed truly interested in everything she got to open up!



Of course, me opening one of my gifts- obviously I look pretty happy about it! (My "ugg" like boots- YEAH)!


Not the best picture here... but you can still see that Matt is extactic about his 2 Phillies tickets he got for Christmas, from me and my parents.... he will be going to a Red Sox game in May! This will be his first trip to Citizens Bank Park! Yeah for him!!!







I love Christmastime and spending time with family! Even though it all goes by so quickly and never seems to last long enough for all the time and effort we put into it...but i cherish the family moments and family memories that we make every year!


I received another charm for my charm braclet this year (as usual).... they are always so unique, special, perfect for the one receiving it... this year i got a charm that represents Faith, Charity, Love- to reflect the new beginning of a project that has long since been in my heart, and to see it coming to reality is a-mazing! In 2009 I was able to start a clothes closet through our church for people in need- to receive things for free, whether they are in our church or in our community! It is already making an impact in the community- and what a blessing that is to me!

In 2009 I was also able to help bring to life a new non-Profit Organization that will be running 'along side' our church family... it is called New Dimensions of Grace! It is a non profit that will help church reach community in new ways that our current church staff/elders are unable to because it would take them away from the church too much! I'm sure i'll be posting about that more later on...but what a blessing to be a part of such a 'momentus occassion' in my life... it is such a passion of mine!

So all that to say... my charm this year was absolutley perfect!

Just one more quick note about charms... Kaitlyn's this year was a cell phone, it even flips open!! A silver charm cell phone that flips- now how perfect is that for her? If you know her at all... you KNOW it is perfect! :)

No comments: